Fitness Connection is celebrating 35 Years of Swimming in Cayman!
Reasons to Swim with Fitness Connection:
- Group & Private Lessons
- Private, Heated, Salt-Water based Pool Onsite in South Sound
- Mobile Swimming Offered
- We are the ONLY Starfish Aquatics Training Institute in the Caribbean
- Parent & Me Swim (6 weeks 3 Years) 30 minutes
- Pre-School Swim (3-5 Years) 30 minutes
- Kids Swim Team (8-14 Years)
- Kids Swim (3-16 Years)
- Private Swim Lessons
Parent & Me Swim (6 weeks 3 Years) 30 minutes
As the premier facility in Grand Cayman offering swimming for babies, our early swim levels will help to establish a safe, positive and lifelong relationship with the water for you and your children. Through games, song and age appropriate skills your child will build confidence in the water and readiness for swimming lessons.
This is also an opportunity for you and your child to socialize with others and build stronger family bonds. As a parent, you will be there to experience your child’s achievements first hand. By working closely with your instructor, you will learn how to guide your child through the skills with positive reinforcement and appropriate praise.
Pre-School Swim (3-5 Years) 30 minutes
Our exciting pre-school swim is for children ages 3-5 years, who are potty-trained and have the maturity and developmental level to attend class without a parent or caregiver.
Basic skills are taught through fun and games with hands on assistance with the instructor. Children will learn the basic skills of floating, gliding and kicking in safe and fun environment.
Looking for a convenient swim class? We can pick up your preschoolers during the school day for swimming!
We pick them up from preschool, they have a 30 minute swim lesson, dress them and return them to back to school. The children really enjoy their weekly field trip to Fitness Connection and the parents are amazed by their progress.
Current Pre-School Lessons:
- Thursday Mornings for Little Trotter Students
- Tuesday Mornings for Island Montessori Students
- Monday through Saturday Pre-School & Toddler Classes – please call for details
If you are interested, but your child attends a different preschool, please call us and we can work with the school to form another group.
Kids Swim (3-16 Years)
Children progress through a series of leveled objectives. These objectives develop their swimming skills from the basics of kicking, stroking, and rhythmic breathing to the skills required for competitive swimming in the four basic strokes. Kids work on stroke style, endurance, water safety, and rescue skills. Classes are grouped by ability and age.
Kids Swim Team (8-14 Years)
The Teams will progress through a series of leveled objectives:
- Developing swimming skills from the fundamentals of kicking, stroking, and rhythmic breathing properly for freestyle, breaststroke, back stroke, and butterfly.
- Preparing them for competitive swimming. Our goal is to build confidence in the Lion’s 25m Pool. We will work on stroke technique, experience starting blocks, and improve swim endurance.
- Build respect for water safety and rescue skills.
- Learning the basic principles of snorkeling. They will learn and become comfortable using their mask, fins and snorkel. Firstly, in the pool then as the weeks progress we will head to Sunset House, Smith Cove, or Eden Rock. Snorkeling practice is a great treat at the end of a focused workout session!
Private Swim Lessons
Does your child need a jump-start to their swimming experience or perhaps they just need a little extra help? Is it difficult to get your child to a lesson? Private lessons are offered for children of all ages and are tailored to the individual’s needs. Lessons can take place on-site or in the comfort of your own pool.
- Lessons are on average 30 minutes
- Cost: starting at $50.00 for 1 child (on-site)
- Cost: Small groups of 3-4 children priced at $35 each child.
- Mobile Classes are priced according to location and how many children are in the class.